Cape Town Workshop, May 8th – 13th, 2014
On May 8th – 13th 2014, CORD members met for the network’s third meeting in Cape Town.
The goals for the workshop were as follows:
- To consolidate and sharpen the intellectual focus of CORD for the next period through analysis of the current work of CORD members
- To expand the footprint of CORD by including new Think Tank partners from Ecuador, Uganda and Sri Lanka already supported under the IDRC Think Tank Initiative (TTI).
- To better integrate our sub-themes under a general programme with no more than three substantive outcomes, one research, one stakeholder engagement (our online module) and one policy engagement.
- To build a sense of collective commitment and purpose to CORD, including greater clarity about the roles, structures, and processes needed to take the work forward, specifically:
- To reflect on better forms of governance to enhance our collaboration, and to identify future opportunities for meeting and funding
- Plan for think a meeting next year & Bellagio proposal
There were many exciting outcomes of the event. Stay tuned as more updates will be available soon!